This repository includes several documents describing how to perform internal tasks within the l10n-drivers team at Mozilla.
- How to review strings for Firefox desktop.
- Manage mozilla.org localization.
- Manage other projects (Firefox Monitor).
- Technical documentation and common tasks for our webdashboards.
- Perform common and advanced tasks on Pontoon like adding new locale, and creating a new project.
- Other miscellaneous documents related to localization tasks.
You will need a Unix-like environment (Linux, macOS) to run most of the tools. Across the entire documentation, commands to run in a terminal are described like this:
$ composer update
$ is not part of the command, it just indicates the terminal prompt. The command to type or copy and paste is simply
In several occasions documents use aliases instead of the complete path to commands: for example
lang_update instead of
path_to_langchecker_clone/app/scripts/lang_update. Check Setting up a Linux Virtual Machine for Webdashboards for instructions on how to setup a virtual machine running on Linux Ubuntu with all the necessary packages and aliases.
Please see the README file in our GitHub repository.